Friday, July 25, 2008

My 3 year old!

Reuben LOVED riding horses. We went to visit Jorge's cousin, Adrian, on Sunday and they were roping. Here is a pic of Adrian talking to his son, Ruben. And of course, my hot hubby and his son....Reuben. It was atleast 10 at night, so Reuben was getting tired but not about to let Jorge ride off without him. Sorry about the spots- with the lights and dust in the air- couldn't help it. I say that as if I'm so smart...but really I asked Jorge what was wrong- if I needed to return my *NEW* camera because it wasn't taking good pictures. Good thing he's not an airhead- we would have felt funny going in the store and returning it!
This is a nightly ritual in our house. BULLRIDING. But this bull had had enough so Reuben was entertaining himself. The drool marks on Jorge's shirt are from Jace laughing so hard when he was getting bucked off!




Reuben loves to be a cowboy and sing. He made this song up all by himself, and said it was okay if I filmed him. If you'd like to sing along..."The cow says moo, moo, moo!" We hate nicknames, but can't help but think -kenny chesney- when he's wearing his boots with shorts...and singing. His Grandpa Maurice plays the guitar and Reuben is the only grandchild who asks for the performance, will sit and listen the entire time, and give a standing ovation. He is growing up so fast. In reference to my post about his birthday...the other day I asked him to massage my "peet" and he said, "no mommy. it's fffffffeet!" so true, but so sad. He is such a cutie, and helps me a lot with Jace. I was folding laundry yesterday and heard Reuben in the hall, "Jace....no coloring on the wall." So calm. And sure enough- Jace! Don't worry- I only allow washables and love clorox wipes. No harm done. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday he was born! I love him.


8 comments:

Bec said...

The "bullriding" picture is my favorite! How cute! Jorge is such a good daddy (and/or "papa"). :) And I am sooo excited to listen to Reuben's video. I have to wait until my sleepy boy (meaning: husband) wakes up from his nap!

Dena said...

*as a disclaimer, I cleaned the room 15 minutes after this video was taken...and a picture to come soon as to WHY it was such a mess.

Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bec said...

I WATCHED THE VIDEO! And my thoughts (minus those of your cutie patootie Ruben) were, "That's a nice shelf." then "Dang, that room is a mess!" then "Ah... and there's little Jace." then "The boys sort of match. Lookin' good!"

As for the music video itself, your boy's got some skills! :) The lyrics are lacking in dynamics, but the performance is outstanding-- and that face alone would DEFINITELY sell albums!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I love the pictures and video and I really love how he wants to be like Daddy. The room didn't look to messy to me. It just looked like you have 2 cute, little boys who like to play with their toys.

Nancy said...

Man, Rem and Jace are the same. They love to bullride. Looks like you guys will have trouble there. What a cute guy. I can't belive that he is 3 already. I don't want our babies to grow up!

Anonymous said...

okay, so i just have to say--when reuben gets famous, i expect 50% of all profits...i mean, i am the one who got him started. =) i loved the little music video! tell him to keep up the great singin!

Jarmeg Family said...

He is such a cowboy! I loved his concert, maybe he will be a country star when he grows up!