Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love Christmas! I love shopping for everyone, making hot chocolate (almost daily), Christmas music, cookies, decor, etc...and I especially loved Christmas tonight. I had made pumpkin bread after church and of course hot chocolate (secret mexicany ingredient: cinnamon)! to go with it while we watched the 1st Presidency's Christmas message. Reuben has learned that Christmas is "Jesus's birthday party" and he paid so much attention to the program. Here are his comments. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have:

"He said OATMEAL!" (in reference to Pres. Uchtdorf)

"Mommy, HE said Jesus Christ." (Pres. Eyring)

"Bishop, mommy, bishop!" (again, Pres. Eyring)

He didn't comment during President Monson's talk, but listened so carefully and pronounced his little sincere "Amen" at the end. How my little 3 year old's attention span lasted so long was beyond me, but I'm glad it did. It was so heart warming to sit with my little family and listen to loving reminders about the Christmas season and celebration of our Savior's birth.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Can I just tell you how much I love your sweet, rustic Christmas decor? It looks REALLY good! And I love those comments, Reuben! Too cute.