Sunday, September 28, 2008

toenails and blogging

There are two things I haven't been able to do since August 4th. 1. is polishing my toenails and the second is blogging. For those of you who aren't in the know...just kidding...I started working again. Here: Actually, this is a picture of the school. This fabulously designed blog (http://jsateam7.blogspot.com/) was done by my oh so talented sister, Becky. (Thank you!) So, when I have spare time, it is all devoted to my family. I've learned that I used to take our time together for granted. Now, we literally cherish every single moment. At this very moment, I am blowing bubbles for them to chase while I do this.
I've also started a ritual that the boys, Jorge included, do not complain about. Weekend ritual cookies. We make cookies every weekend. And, sadly, usually eat them all before Monday rolls around. My mother-in-law keeps the boys, which is extremely convenient because I then get to see the boys at lunch and eat her oh-so yummy cooking. She's great with the boys and they usually don't want to come home! I was sick all last week (thought the stomach flu was only suppose to last 24 hrs?!) and attempted to go to work one day....but ended up turning around after 2 minutes of driving. Reuben cried. "I want to go to Grandma's house! not my white house!" So sad. Sorry Reuben. Mommy couldn't make it. But I was able to be with my little family ALL WEEK, and even though I felt like death, couldn't cook for them, couldn't change their diapers, and had to leave the room when they ate- inside (in every part of me other than my stomach!) I was happy. They are my life. And I'm so grateful to have them and to have Jorge, who by-the-way did a great job at taking care of me and the boys. EVEN when the only thing that sounded good after 4 days of not eating was SUPER YUMMY SUPER greasy! tacos. He went and got them. I ate....I was sick. Again. Still. Not even one "I told you so" He was great! Thanks!

2 comments:

Bec said...

YOU're the talented one! Look at YOUR arts-and-crafts projects! They're adorable! Good work. I can't believe how big they're getting. So cute. And I LOVE the cookies tradition. What a good mommy.

Mendoza Family said...

Your kids are so cute, they look like both of you. It's been fun looking at your blog.