Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mommy, I go see basketball!


We've been in Phoenix for a couple of weeks, relaxing and staying out of the line of fire. We're visiting Jorge's sister, Glenda, her husband and 2 girls. They are super cute and I'm glad the boys are having time to get to know their cousins. We went to a Diamondbacks' game last night and had a lot of fun. Alexia (almost 4) didn't know what to shout when the crowd was cheering so she relied on what she knew...."SWIPER NO SWIPING!" Soooo adorable! All day Reuben had told me, "mommy, I go see basketball" and I would tell him it's actually a baseball game, so after the game he kept repeating "beisbol" in his cute little spanish accent. I gave him a piggy back ride from the stadium to the parking lot and half way there I asked him if he wanted to walk....to which he replied "No mommy. I'm riding!" Smart kid. Tomorrow's his birthday and I can't believe he's turning 3! Here are a few things you may not know about him:


.he wants his "peet" massaged while he's watching bullriding.

.he sings his abc song like this: "abcdefg-hij-cake- cow...horsey....."


.he loves the guitar his tia tori got for him and makes you play an imaginary one to accompany.


.he doesn't know I often see him run and give Jace a hug or rub his little bald head.


.he insists on being a cowboy, and wears his cowboy hat daily even with shorts and sandals.


.ok, this one isn't necessarily about him..more about us, but we are SO grateful that he can drive us crazy, smile, laugh, run, scream and bring so much joy into our lives!




6 comments:

Bec said...

h-i-j-cake-cow-horsey! That's awesome. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REUBEN!!! We love you and are so glad you're in our lives. We can't wait to see you at Christmas! Tell Mommy to give you a big smooch and hug from your aunt Becky. xo.

Good post. Very cute.

Cambria said...

So good to see you blogging! I am glad you guys are having fun! I miss you all like crazy! Happy #3!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I love that he wears his cowboy hat with sandals and shorts. Its too cute. he has his own style

Nancy said...

Oh what a sweetie. I can tell how much you guys love the little guy. I can't believe that he is 3 now. Goll, the last time I saw you were (you, me, Jana, and Denise) were all prego with the little tikes! We need to get together again!

Happy Birthday Ruben!

Nancy said...

PS- Alexia saying "Swiper no sweiping" is the cutest! Gosh, what the kiddo's say.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Hey, I want my peet massaged while watching bull riding too! He's got it all right!