Friday, March 14, 2008

REUBEN





This blog is really a tribute to our wonderful kids, so I will update you on them individually- Reuben, ...what can I say? Reuben is all boy! He loves dirt (much to the dismay of his mother, but I'm adjusting!) he's not afraid of anything (again, I'm adjusting) and he is obsessed with cows and horses. He goes to the ranch with Jorge on a regular basis, and is truly enjoying life. I know we're biased, but he's also a smartiepants. The other day, Jace wanted his sippy and he told him, "No Jace- drink Mommy!" I was surprised and a little disgusted- he really does understand what's going on under the blanket. I always told Jorge that we weren't going to tell our children that Daddy was a bullrider, so they wouldn't follow in his footsteps but I guess it's in their genes. Reuben wants us to play the bull, and then he bucks himself off. Followed by a throw of the hat, of course. He falls asleep watching bullriding on ESPN classics almost daily (that's a bedtime routine, right?!) and he's dissappointed when there are only cartoons on in the morning, no bullriding. These pictures were taken before we moved from the old house, the day these horses were taken back to the ranch. There's a before picture and after- on the horse, and off. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bec said...

No, Jace- drink Mommy! :) When Derek read this, he asked me if Jace was now being weaned. lol. It's funny/scary how much our kids understand...and how much we underestimate their comprehension of the world!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I laughed when I read that Reuben loves the dirt! What are you going to do? lol! I love the picture of him on the horse. It is too cute!